Thursday, September 29, 2011

Garbage Grove

My birth family; Mom, Dad, Jerry, Richard, and I came to Garden Grove in late 1949 or early 1950.  The sign read, "Smog free Garden Grove."  There was a new concept in community living at the time.  The idea was called track homes. Our place was a little 3 bedroom 1 bath stucco house at 12551 Lucille Avenue.  (Garage not included.)  It was home for the Fosters.

During high school years, (early 60's rancho), social positional status for me and my buddies was parking my '57 Ford in the back row of the Highway 39 drive-in.  The plan was to meet some cute girls.  We did have a back up plan.  The back up plan was some five-finger cigars and a 6-pack of beer.  I am sure the movie showing sucked so watching it was optional. You may have guessed, none of us went to Harvard in later years.

Guy - AAA - Bung-ga!  Where are my AAA - Rachies.  Hail T.J.

I went on to what was then George Fox College.  It is now George Fox University.  I graduated and went on to teach high school English.

No comments:

Post a Comment